Matt Larocque gave a very convincing performance to win the tournament, including a fine 654 game.
Three players were at 9 wins and guaranteed 1st 2nd and 3rd as the others were at 7 wins going into the final.
Huguette (9-4) lost to Matt (9-4) and Juraj (9-4) lost to Mimmo (7-6). This was an incredible tournament
for Huguette, with a 1671 performance and a real shot at 1st place. Well done.
In Division Two, Betty came out on top with a full two games above the rest. 11-3 was the best record of the tournament.
Terri finished strongly and squeezed into 2nd place after a rough start on Saturday afternoon. Maureen was third and had the
second highest spread in the division. All those bingos add up! Doug and Linda played in Div 2 for the first time,
and despite finishing low, each had 5 wins and in fact gained a few rating points.
Shirley Simon won Div C with 10-4 +480 and picked up some 40 rating points. Sylvia King (2nd) and Gladys Wilson (3rd)
were three games ahead of the rest, and both deserve honorable mention.
Rod did the lion's share of the tournament administration - but Juraj and Randall helped with a few rounds.
As players we take it for granted, but while we're having coffee, snacks and breaks, regaling a captive listener with our bingos,
someone is typing in all the results, and printing out the standings and pairings. Thanks for taking such good care of us, Rod.
And we couldn't have these tournaments at such low cost, and return so much as prizes, were it not for Estelle
and the wonderful space at Sierras of Heritage. We are indebted.
Wayne and Maureen were a huge help in this tournament - as always to bring all the equipment and keep tabs on what
we are running out of. We need scoresheets, tally slips, challenge slips, printer toner, etc. It all takes time
to manage. And while many of us sneak home straight after the event, they're loading and unloading the equipment, and making
sure the trolley gets returned to the building. Not to mention showing up early for setup. It's really thankless work
and is never mentioned. But we all benefit from it.
Also the great pairing system for 16 players over 14 rounds was Wayne's brainchild. It was every effective.
Siri puts in a lot of PR work when travelling, and many visitors are here because of that work.
Also, he once again hosted many out-of-towners. That too takes time, and selfless energy.
And a final big thank you to all those who travelled from afar for our tournament. I didn't count but it seems
like HALF the players from out of town. BC, Edmonton, Saskatchewan, New Mexico. You are stars.
To all those who brought snacks for everyone to share - YUMMY! It was sure nice to have a little energy boost
between games. We are grateful you shared with us.
CALGARY, AB, JUNE 2-3, 2018
OLD PERF NEW
NAME RATING DIVISION 1 RESULTS WINS SPR RATING RATING
1. LAROCQUE, MATTHEW 1530 W-10 W-12 W-11 L-05 W-16 W-13 L-02 W-09 L-07 W-06 W-04 W-08 L-03 W-03 10 +938 1758 1575 $200
2. PIVOVAROV, JURAJ 1709 W-14 L-05 W-16 L-03 W-10 L-12 W-01 W-08 W-04 W-15 W-07 L-09 W-05 L-04 9 +246 1649 1697 $130
3. SETTLE, HUGUETTE 1390 W-06 W-04 L-08 W-02 W-09 L-07 W-05 L-16 W-13 W-11 W-12 L-10 W-01 L-01 9 +180 1671 1449 $70
4. ROSSI, MIMMO 1490 W-11 L-03 W-10 L-13 W-14 W-05 L-07 W-15 L-02 W-08 L-01 L-06 W-06 W-02 8 +684 1585 1510 $50
5. BRAY, MICHAEL 1337 W-15 W-02 L-09 W-01 L-06 L-04 L-03 W-11 L-12 W-16 W-13 W-14 L-02 W-08 8 -84 1586 1389 $70 (PERF)
6. REM, EMIL 1489 L-03 L-10 W-12 W-14 W-05 W-16 L-09 W-07 L-15 L-01 L-08 W-04 L-04 W-10 7 +264 1463 1483
7. EBANKS, MIKE 1619 W-16 L-13 W-14 W-12 L-11 W-03 W-04 L-06 W-01 L-09 L-02 L-15 L-08 W-12 7 +212 1472 1588
8. THOMAS, RANDALL 1553 L-12 L-11 W-03 W-16 W-13 W-14 L-15 L-02 W-09 L-04 W-06 L-01 W-07 L-05 7 +24 1469 1535
9. KARRIS, JOHN 1642 L-13 L-14 W-05 L-11 L-03 L-10 W-06 L-01 L-08 W-07 W-15 W-02 W-16 W-13 7 -174 1446 1601
10. WARD, NOELLA 1387 L-01 W-06 L-04 L-15 L-02 W-09 L-16 L-13 W-14 W-12 W-11 W-03 W-13 L-06 7 -340 1457 1402
11. CLIFFORD, WAYNE 1426 L-04 W-08 L-01 W-09 W-07 L-15 L-14 L-05 L-16 L-03 L-10 W-12 W-14 W-15 6 -77 1375 1415
12. SARGIOUS, PETER 1429 W-08 L-01 L-06 L-07 W-15 W-02 W-13 L-14 W-05 L-10 L-03 L-11 W-15 L-07 6 -244 1398 1422
13. WIMALASENA, VISH 1300 W-09 W-07 W-15 W-04 L-08 L-01 L-12 W-10 L-03 W-14 L-05 L-16 L-10 L-09 6 -481 1380 1317
14. TILLEKERATNE, SIRI 1376 L-02 W-09 L-07 L-06 L-04 L-08 W-11 W-12 L-10 L-13 W-16 L-05 L-11 W-16 5 -282 1261 1352
15. FLEETHAM, JEFF 1568 L-05 L-16 L-13 W-10 L-12 W-11 W-08 L-04 W-06 L-02 L-09 W-07 L-12 L-11 5 -341 1274 1506
16. MCGRATH, WENDY 1273 L-07 W-15 L-02 L-08 L-01 L-06 W-10 W-03 W-11 L-05 L-14 W-13 L-09 L-14 5 -525 1287 1276
OLD PERF NEW
NAME RATING DIVISION 2 RESULTS WINS SPR RATING RATING
1. BERGERON, BETTY 1116 L-05 W-06 W-09 W-07 W-03 W-02 L-04 W-10 W-08 W-05 L-03 W-02 W-04 W-07 11 +663 1526 1203 $150
2. MORIGEAU, TERRI 1078 W-10 W-08 W-03 W-04 L-07 L-01 L-06 W-09 L-05 W-07 W-09 L-01 W-03 W-03 9 +311 1290 1124 $100
3. CLIFFORD, MAUREEN 1206 W-09 W-10 L-02 L-05 L-01 W-08 W-07 W-06 L-04 W-04 W-01 W-05 L-02 L-02 8 +429 1184 1202 $70
4. PAYNE, BILL 1202 L-06 W-07 W-05 L-02 W-09 W-10 W-01 L-08 W-03 L-03 L-05 W-07 L-01 W-05 8 +371 1190 1200
5. WEIS, RODNEY 1093 W-01 W-09 L-04 W-03 W-08 W-06 W-10 L-07 W-02 L-01 W-04 L-03 L-06 L-04 8 -186 1216 1120
6. EYOLFSON, JASON 1163 W-04 L-01 W-08 L-09 L-10 L-05 W-02 L-03 L-07 L-09 W-08 L-10 W-05 W-09 6 -64 950 1118
7. SETTLE, BEN 1153 W-08 L-04 L-10 L-01 W-02 L-09 L-03 W-05 W-06 L-02 W-10 L-04 L-08 L-01 5 -16 894 1099
8. MARTIN, RICHARD 1116 L-07 L-02 L-06 L-10 L-05 L-03 W-09 W-04 L-01 L-10 L-06 W-09 W-07 W-10 5 -313 865 1064
9. GILBERT, DOUGLAS 877 L-03 L-05 L-01 W-06 L-04 W-07 L-08 L-02 W-10 W-06 L-02 L-08 W-10 L-06 5 -386 917 885
10. SLATER, LINDA 903 L-02 L-03 W-07 W-08 W-06 L-04 L-05 L-01 L-09 W-08 L-07 W-06 L-09 L-08 5 -809 915 906
OLD PERF NEW
NAME RATING DIVISION 3 RESULTS WINS SPR RATING RATING
1. SIMON, SHIRLEY 824 L-02 L-03 W-04 L-06 W-05 W-02 W-03 W-04 W-06 W-05 W-02 W-06 L-03 W-03 10 +480 1018 862 $110
2. KING, SYLVIA 839 W-01 W-06 W-05 W-04 L-03 L-01 W-06 L-05 W-04 L-03 L-01 W-04 W-05 W-04 9 +141 914 854 $65
3. WILSON, GLADYS 812 L-04 W-01 W-06 W-05 W-02 L-04 L-01 L-06 W-05 W-02 L-06 W-05 W-01 L-01 8 +174 803 810
4. KENDEL, DARLENE 770 W-03 W-05 L-01 L-02 L-06 W-03 L-05 L-01 L-02 W-06 L-05 L-02 W-06 L-02 5 -66 524 719
5. MATTHEWS, ESTELLE 661 L-06 L-04 L-02 L-03 L-01 W-06 W-04 W-02 L-03 L-01 W-04 L-03 L-02 W-06 5 -125 546 638
6. MAGNUSSON, DORIS 470 W-05 L-02 L-03 W-01 W-04 L-05 L-02 W-03 L-01 L-04 W-03 L-01 L-04 L-05 5 -604 590 505
|High Game||654||Matt Larocque vs Noella Ward
|High Loss||428||Matt Larocque to Juraj Pivovarov
|High Bingo||TRAVOISE(185)||Juraj Pivovarov vs Mike Ebanks
|High Non Bingo||HOAX(85)||Huguette Settle vs Mimmo Rossi
|Comeback Kid||129||Noella Ward vs Siri Tillekeratne
|Low Win||318||Wendy McGrath vs Wayne Clifford
|Bingo Ace||30||Matt Larocque
|High Game||462||Bill Payne vs Rod Weis
|High Loss||398||Jason Eyolfson to Linda Slater
|High Bingo||QUASHED(97)||Betty Bergeron vs Jason Eyolfson
|High Non Bingo||JUST(77)||Rod Weis vs Linda Slater
|Comeback Kid||127||Terri Morigeau vs Doug Gilbert
|Low Win||295||Richard Martin vs Ben Settle
|Bingo Ace||23||Maureen Clifford
|High Game||472||Darlene Kendel vs Doris Magnusson
|High Loss||374||Darlene Kendel to Estelle Matthews
|High Bingo||???(85)||Darlene Kendel vs Shirley Simon
|High Non Bingo||ZITIS(73)||Gladys Wilson vs Estelle Matthews
|Comeback Kid||119||Shirley Simon vs Darlene Kendel
|Low Win||309||Estelle Matthews vs Doris Magnusson
|Bingo Ace||0||This prize went unclaimed and will go to the club.
|Most Outrageous Phoney||KJELL||Rod Weis vs Maureen Clifford
|Most Unusual Acceptable Word||BHELPURI||Mike Ebanks vs Siri Tillekeratne ... To remember it, there are three nines in: BEHILPRSU
|Tough Luck (three closest losses)||-1 -2 -10 = -13||Gladys Wilson
|Living on the edge (three closest wins)||+1 +2 +14 = +17||Doris Magnusson